Monday, May 3, 2010

An Unfathomable Demeanor

the booklet i got from the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra



Piotr Anderszewski album




my ticket to watch Piotr Anderszewski perform





Piotr Anderszewski




As the moment i saw him walking out to the platform, i thought i was in a state of euthanasia. From his charm to his skills, he wooed me with ONLY his skills. It was magical as if I was under a spell. Travelling in time as the music flowed from his soul. I slouch at my couch, vague as I could remember. I was just spellbound by his performance. The nostalgia he could bring it out on me without my knowledge. As if my whole soul was being tampered by him. I enjoyed the way he glides across the huge black grand piano ceaselessly. It was uncanny to know how he did it as that scene seems to be a bizarre sight. I had this premonition of impending disaster that he will somehow slipped through the keys BUT as perfect as he seems, he proved me wrong. His music moved me deeply inside me. A swirling strings of melody clinged together melodiously.


The atmosphere was silent. The spotlight shinning upon Piotr was so angelic. All the audiences could do was to stop and stare at his wondrous performance. His movement was as swift as lightning. The sound that neared the climax caught me by surprise. One look at him and I knew my plight that I was day dreaming in to the spaces of sounds. Gently, his music pulled me in and I know that whatever that I'll do now it's futile. Just the imagination of how my day could ONLY focus on the shadow of Ludwig Van Beethoven, John Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and other famous pianist and prodigy.


Piotr Anderszewski was born in Warsaw to Polish-Hungarian parents. He has appeared in the Berlin Philharmonic, the Boston, Chicago and London symphony orchestras, the NHK Symphony Orchestra, the Philadelphia Orchestra and the Orchestra of the Royal Concertogebouw. He has collaborated with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Sinfonia Varsovia, Mahler Chamber Orchestra, the soloists of the Berlin Philharmonic and among others. With the collaboration with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra featuring Mozart's G major and D minor concertos was set to an European Tour on 2007 to 2008.


Anderszewski who is extremely beyond talented has made a number of award-winning recordings. For instance, Diabelli Variations by Ludwig Van Beethoven. Apart from that, with the special relationship between him and his compatriot Szymanowski in a discography music, it has earned him the Classic FM Gramaphone Award in 2006 for Best Instrumental Disc. The Gilmore Award that is only given to a pianist every FOUR YEARS with exceptional talent he had obtained that prestigious award and including the Symanowski Prize in 1999 and the Royal Philharmonic Society's Best Instrumentalist Award in 2001.


Hence, i can strongly say that the word "MUSIC" doesn't need to be to an appalling trade or general. Everyone has to be nonchalant towards a certain title and not just Singers, Rock stars or Bands from different genre that they penchant. SOON, these musics of the one's they have much penchant for will be lacklustre for them. Hence, we have to constantly trigger our mind on the vast variety of music that we can jot about and not feel inhibited at all.


That is the reason why i chose 'HIM'; Piotr Anderszewski as my main subject because NOT ONLY he produces good music BUT he also inspire others to want to play the piano or listen to golden age music that is SOON to extinct in these modern society. With all the excruciating songs that is being played on the radio often, why not take some time and indulge yourself in good music where our forefathers once listen to.

''How Would the person I want to be, do what I am about to do?" by Jim Cathart







No comments:

Post a Comment