Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The grass is always greener on the other side

stepping in to college
taylors lakeside campus #1

taylors lakeside #2


I always thought that college was just a mere place where we go and come back during our schooling days.
"Isn't it amazing that you are going to college soon?" that what's everyone was when everyone eager to go to after completing our high school. Well, everyone thought that college life was better and would give us more freedom beyond our expectation. SADLY, all of these notations are beyond false. It's rubbish in a matter of fact. I never knew that stepping in to college was a big step for me to take yet complicating. I had to face many obstacles and peer pressure. Anyways, i do not want to filled you up with my rants and raves BUT I'll just give you the gist of it.


While looking through the bundles of college brochures, i stumbled upon
limkokwing university pamphlets. Since my cousin did went there before and she was successful in life. That confident of hers gave me the inspiration to study there as she ALWAYS entered all sorts of competitions. She was like a reflection of me, a competitor. Maybe the lecturers have not seen that side of me while i always put on a clog of another person. In order that no one knew what had been instilled inside me, the fire of a fighting spirit. Achieving all my goals in life. For example, becoming an advertiser or a broadcaster. Who knows? It only depends one's life and base on one's decision, YES me!



Coming back to that pamphlets that is stumbled upon, soon enough. Somehow, the banners that i always see while on the road captivated my attention. YES, true enough, it was the TAYLORS LAKESIDE ADVERTISEMENT. The view and the scenery of the place was what everyone dreamt of. I loved the place, another bonus, the education was said to be good as there were many praises directed to that particular place and lecturers. Having such a scattered brain, i couldn't make up my mind where to go at first. Hence, I decided to go to limkokwing university. That place blew me away. It was big, in a middle of nowhere, extremely god gifted looks all around, the building was covered mostly in black. Well, u may assume that this place was like a funeral parlour BUT to me, it was like a haven, black was my favourite colour. Hence, I went and registered there surprisingly.



Well, now u may wonder why I am in Taylors Lakeside University College anyways! I'm sure you do since I've been praising limkokwing university at the beginning. This is how the story goes. After registering to that 'particular' university, i had many bad reviews even though there were good reviews to. In general, the cons ALWAYS AND WILL outweigh the pros. Even though I wished that it was the other way round, that is life! isn't it? I'm not trying to bad mouth about that unversity ok. Don't get me wrong. I might continue my masters there if time allows.





From the previous paragraph at the latter part, i said that the banner that was hanged by the roadside REALLY did captivated me. I was appalled by the many hectares of land, the tall buildings, the facility they had to offer and so. At first, i thought that MY CURRENT university college at first was some sort of a resort. BUT now, that perception of mine had changed 360 degrees completely. Hands down!



*******along the way, i decided to go to taylors due to unforeseen occurrence*********



Back to where we left, yes. It was like a luxurious dungeon, a big educational building that keeps students in a temporary prison BUT the teachings there are superb, beyond words. Till now, i can still recall what my lecturer has taught me till now! Oh yeah.. There's a lake, a grass bed that looks like a chess board, a platform which looks like a dock. Figuratively speaking, it was actually a good prison where they keep students and mould them in to a perfect human being!



Even the grass is always greener on the other side, but there is always it's disadvantages.
THE TAYLOR'S BUS is killing me! even though i take the first bus or so, i always end up late in college or exactly on time! I despise being late as punctuality is my mine priority. This service didn't do much well with me, but with no choice ahead. I had to stick with the shuttle bus and be grateful for what they had to offer! since i do not want to travel on foot. NO WAY. Not in a million years. Even a stack of cash will not able to persuade me to walk. BUT the best thing is, all of my lecturers are such a wonder. They are awesome in a way that they are flexible and i ALWAYS have to explain why I am late like a broken record

"Sorry teacher I'm late
(yes, i prefer calling them teacher than being formal) the Taylors bus LA!" that is what i always whined about. Even though I'm early, somehow I'll end up late in college. Such a piste



Moving away from such pandemic issues,
grrr.... Taylors college do have their advantages to! I'm not a pessimist for a start. Well, they offer great accommodation, a place to lounge, a four-storey library, a lot of clubs and activities and many more. Such offers are such great benefits, you know why? Rather than being stuck with the stacks and stacks of books, being buried alive in it without enjoying one's life, her teenage life! yes, my life with all the stress. Students can release their stress by enjoying themselves in such clubs and etc. As we have heard many times repeatedly, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" For my case, "All work and no play makes Jesseca wants to suicide" You know why! Research has shown that almost 70% of college students suicide or get depressed due to extreme pressures. Well, since I've been to Taylors Lakeside till now, as I have said, the Lecturers are the best, they won't put the pressure on us but gave us some advice and tell us the consequences that we might face with any decision we make. It is up to us, either we want to build ourselves up or just deteriorate ourselves.



Promoting ourselves to a working class rather than being demoted in to such a pest, we MUST do our best in whatever we do. We cannot depend on our breadwinner in the long run somehow. We don't want to burden them. Hurt their feelings and so on. BUT, we want to make them proud, lift their heads high up, make their heart glad, repay their gratitude, all the sacrifices they made for us even though we cannot see with our naked eyes, it will be all worth it. YES, I was mentioning about our parents and guardian. The people that surrounds us will be filled with joy when we succeed to. YES, i have no regrets studying in taylors lakeside campus. It is the best. The people are friendly, the lecturers are nice, the education there is good and what's more? Find out for yourself. Trust me, you will be appalled and that cheerful stream will come surging in you! Who knew that college life will be extraordinay!



TAYLORS LAKESIDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE is the BEST EDUCATIONAL CENTRE!



"Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in small jumps." by David Llyod George

No comments:

Post a Comment